Formatting your Artwork File
Please watch our informational video or follow the steps outlined below to properly format your artwork file to be compatible with our generative algorithm.
To access this PSD file, navigate to our Important Documentation tab.
Your file should be organized by properties and attributes. Your individual artwork layers are your attributes. These layers should be organized into folders based on category, representing properties.
Categories = Properties; Layers = Attributes
In this example, “Accessories” is your property, and “Headphones” and “Glasses” are your attributes. The attributes within each property folder should each be flattened into one layer.
How properties and attributes will display on NFT marketplaces
- 5+ properties (categories)
- 15+ attributes per category (individual artwork layers)
- In total: at least 75 attributes across at least 5 categories
You are welcome to create as many properties and attributes as you’d like, but the numbers outlined above are a good place to start if you're not sure where to begin.
If you’re working out of Procreate, you’ll need to export your file to PSD format prior to submitting your assets to Open3. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- 1.Click the wrench icon in the upper-left-hand corner of your screen in Procreate
- 2.Click Share
- 3.Beneath Share Image, click PSD
If you’re working out of Illustrator, you’ll need to export your file into PSD and adjust your canvas size prior to submitting your assets to Open3. Here are the steps to follow:
- 1.Open your Illustrator file and make each layer visible
- 2.Click File > Export > Export as
- 3.A dialogue box will then appear giving you options of file types for export. Select Photoshop (PSD) in the Format dropdown menu
- 4.In the next dialogue box, click High (300 ppi) in the Resolution dropdown menu, and ensure Write Layers is selected
- 5.Click Ok, and your new PSD file will save. Open it.
- 6.Once the PSD file is open, you’ll need to trim off the excess from your artboard.
- 1.Select the Crop tool
- 2.Right click on the image and select 1:1 (Square) beneath Original Ratio
- 3.Adjust the square to fit into your desired canvas and hit enter
- 4.Click Image > Canvas size > adjust the dimensions to 2048 x 2048
A one-of-one NFT is a unique, single edition NFT in a collection. These NFTs are more scarce than any other NFT within the collection, making them much more valuable.
If you'd like to include a one-of-one NFT in your collection, please create the desired image and compress the layers together within a separate category titled "1/1." Please call out your one-of-one artwork(s) in your confirmation email to Anna (outlined in Asset Delivery to Open3).
If you have certain attributes that cannot be paired with other attributes, we call those dependencies. It’s important to review your artwork file to find and rectify these dependencies prior to submitting your assets to our team.